First-ever Muskoka EV Show comes to Bracebridge Fairgrounds – May 27, 2023
See and test drive electric vehicles. Get your questions answered.
Bracebridge, April 13, 2023 — Muskoka Conservancy and Climate Action Muskoka proudly announce the first-ever Muskoka EV Show, coming to the Bracebridge Fairgrounds on Saturday, May 27 from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
“The future is electric, and the faster we can get there the better,” said Peter Love, an energy consultant and Muskoka Conservancy board member who instigated the idea. “Muskoka is well-positioned to be a leader in this revolution.”
“Private vehicles are responsible for almost 70% of all community greenhouse gas emissions in Muskoka,” said Lesley Hastie, lead event organizer for Climate Action Muskoka. “Switching to electric promises to make a huge difference here. People are excited to see and test drive and learn about electric vehicles. The Muskoka EV Show will help them make that move.”
The show—so far—includes:
- New EVs from Cavalcade Ford, Tesla, Muskoka Nissan and Hyundai of Muskoka
- New electric bikes from 171 Electric Bike Company
- An electric launch conversion from Stan Hunter Boatbuilder
- Park-and-Display area with electric cars and bikes and their owners, ready to answer
your questions. Some may opt to take visitors for a ride along or a test drive.
- Presentations and information from the Electric Vehicle Society, enVgo, Lakeland Solutions, PlugNDrive, reThinkgreen, and keynote speaker Steve Lapp, an expert on EVs and low carbon energy technology system design and education.
- Admission is free. Donations appreciated. Bring your own water bottle
Learn about electric vehicles and find out what EV ownership is really like. Test drive an electric vehicle and see for yourself how well they perform. Visit climateactionmuskoka.org for further details.
If you have an electric vehicle or are an electric vehicle dealer interested in participating in the show, or if you are available to volunteer, contact Lesley Hastie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Muskoka Conservancy is a charitable organization that works to conserve and protect natural spaces in Muskoka for future generations.
Climate Action Muskoka is an inclusive, non-partisan grassroots group whose mission is to collaborate with individuals, businesses, groups and all levels of government to mitigate and adapt to the climate crisis.